Who can use CoinList Mobile App?
Most people can use the CoinList Mobile App! As long as you have a compatible device and reside in one of our supported jurisdictions.
U.S. people from more states can trade and store virtual currencies on CoinList as long as they meet local laws regarding investment compliance and complete KYC. Non-US residents can trade on CoinList as long as they meet local laws regarding investment compliance. Please visit coinlist.co/legal for more information on support jurisdictions and contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
What are the minimum device requirements for the CoinList mobile app?
- For the iOS, you will need a device with iOS 11.4+ and screen no smaller than the iPhone SE
- For Android, you will a device with at least Android 5.X (API level 21). All android versions are supported up to Android 10.X A recent Android phone should work with the CoinList App. An example of a minimum specs for a supported device is the LG Nexus 5.
The "New device approval" email link didn't work - What do I do now?
The first time you log in to the CoinList iOS / Android app, you will be asked to press the "Approve this device" link that is sent to your email. For some users, the link opens the phone's browser instead of the CoinList app. This prevents the app from approving the device. Here are a few workarounds:
- Try long-pressing the link. Your email app may display an option for you to "open link" in the CoinList app.
- For iOS, if (1) doesn't work, try pulling down the webpage in Safari. Safari may display a banner with the option to "open link" in the CoinList app.
- For Android, go to your phone settings search for "opening links" find "CoinList" under Installed Apps select "allow app to open supported links" or "ask every time"
4. Please make sure you are clicking on the most recent ""New device approval"" email that is sent to you after your log in attempt.
If you're still running into issues, please submit a ticket here.
What is the six-digit passcode?
When you log in to the CoinList iOS / Android app for the first time, you will be asked to choose a six-digit passcode. This passcode is just for accessing the app and is different from your CoinList two-factor authentication code.
The six-digit passcode adds another layer of protection to your account because many users have their multi-factor authenticator app on the same phone as the app. There is also an option for you to enable biometric (face or fingerprint) unlock.
If you forget your passcode, you can logout and log back in again and the app will ask you to set a new passcode.
Security & 2FA
Please see our FAQ about multi-factor authentication for additional information.